Griffin-Lloyd Shooting Ground open Saturday and Sunday 9am – 4.30pm
· 26 sporting stands, each with a minimum of two traps; 2 high towers ranging up to 135 ft, Grouse Butt, teal, driven, going away, rabbit, looper, overheads, crossers, quartering.
· Sporting Stands number 1 to 15 are challenging targets for all abilities includes “friends & family area" for the beginners/novice.
· Sporting Stands number 16 to 26 challenging testing targets.
· Stone track to all sporting stands, option to walk or drive round
· Stand numbers 3 to 9 are covered by timber framed building, no need to worry about the weather.
· No booking for practice if a valid Shotgun Certificate holder - arrive and shoot during opening hours.
· Newly installed (Nov 2020) Promatic card Claymate system installed on all Sporting Stands.
· Non-Shotgun Certificate holders may only shoot if supervised by a coach. Have-a-Go experience and individual lesson available by prior booking.
· 2 covered Olympic Trap/ABT Mattarelli Layouts, throwing Corsivia clays targets operated by Multi-Pull card system.
· 1 Olympic Skeet Mattarelli Layout.
· 2 Down-the-Line Promatic Layouts (must be pre-booked).
· Cosy wooden framed Clubhouse facilities include; indoor/outdoor seating, toilets, snacks/tea/coffee/soft drinks available.
· Large carparking area.
· Cartridges available to purchase (show valid Shotgun Certificate). The use of cartridges with load exceeding 28g is prohibited. The maximum permitted shot size is No.6.
· Gift Vouchers available click here.
· Cash and BAC’s transfer payments accepted.
· Operate a plug and play card system throughout the whole ground.
· Intermediate and advance lessons available – book in advance.
· Friendly/relaxed atmosphere.
· Located in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
· Ear and eye protection must be worn at all times on the Shooting Ground. All persons using these facilities do so at their own risk.
WHAT WE DO
Please find below a selection of images of the ground, shooters and events.